Write for Us
If you would like to contribute to Human Health Project’s blog, please review the following guidelines. Once you have reviewed the guidelines, please complete this form:
Be sure to include links to two samples of your best writing on the topic of health. We will contact you if your writing style is appropriate for our current needs.
HHP Blog Post Guidelines and Criteria
All Blog Posts written for Human Health Project (HHP) must comply with the following guidelines and criteria:
- Blog Posts should be written in English, and in an easy-to-understand, accessible style. Our audience includes patients, caregivers, healthcare professionals, researchers, donors and the general public.
- Blog Posts should be 600-1,000 words. Please be concise and consider overall readability. Longer articles will be accepted as long as they are well-researched and include valuable and relevant information that is helpful to our readers.
- HHP will edit all submissions for correct grammar, and formatted before publication. We may also break up long blocks of text to increase readability.
- Keep titles short and simple, and include one or two of your keyword(s). Preferably, titles should be no more than eight words.
- HHP will select a photo for your Blog Post. Please note that we do not accept photo submissions.
- When you submit your Blog Post, please include your name, a headshot (optional), and a brief author bio of no more than two sentences.
- Blog Posts must be original works that have not been previously published on any website, forum, chat or social media site.
- Content must be your own work. Plagiarism or copyright infringement is not permitted.
- When quoting others, please cite the source.
- Once the Blog Post has been submitted to HHP, you may not publish the post anywhere online, in part or in whole, including your own website.
- You may promote your Blog Post on your own website, Twitter, Facebook, or other social media forums via a link to the article on the HHP blog.
- Blog Posts shall not include any affiliate links.
- Submissions that are purely self-promotional will not be accepted.
- The Blog Post writer shall not be entitled to any compensation for writing the Blog Post.
- Blog Post writers will receive the writing credit as the author of their post.
- HHP will promote the Blog Post on a variety of social media networks, but does not guarantee any particular site or reach.
- Links to third-party sites shall be approved by HHP and must be relevant to the topic.
- All SEO keywords will be reviewed and subject to inclusion at the discretion of HHP.
- All Blog Posts will be reviewed and approved by HHP prior to posting.
- HHP reserves the right to edit posts where necessary to ensure the post is consistent with the values of HHP.
- HHP reserves the right to remove the Blog Post without prior notice to the blog writer.
- By providing a Blog Post to HHP, you agree you are not becoming part of the website nor shall you hold yourself out to be a member of the HHP website.
- HHP reserves the right to edit, delete, move or otherwise alter blog comments posted on our website.
HHP reserves the right to decline to publish a submitted Blog Post for any reason, including duplication of recent topics, the need for significant rewrites, pieces that are self-promotional, pieces that are discriminatory or offensive, or if the topic doesn’t fit with our needs. Because of the moderation process, Blog Posts will not be published immediately. If several Blog Posts are submitted at once (either by one person or by several individuals), HHP may stagger their publications to ensure each one has sufficient time on the blog home page.
By submitting a Blog Post, you agree that you have read this Agreement and agree to be bound by it.